Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Creating a Brown & Green Smokey Eye

Hello again!

In my second video tutorial, I'll be guiding you along with creating a brown & green smokey eye, along with how to use gel or cream eyeliner to create a "cat-eye" or angled liner look.

Some important pointers when creating ANY smokey eye include:
  • USE PRIMER!  Primer is going to be what makes your smokey eye last all night long without smudging one bit.  For the longest time I couldn't find eye primers at drugstores around this area. But, we do have very affordable options now in Sephora inside JCPenney's.  If you don't want to commit to one right away (because there are many variations), ask for a sample of one or two inside Sephora! I would recommend any of Urban Decay's eye primers, Lorac's, or the Sephora brand.  It may be more expensive then you would think, but remember you only use a tiny bit!  So that tube is going to last you a long time!  It's worth purchasing.
  • Use MAKEUP BRUSHES!!  Using anything else (including those foam applicators that come with some eye shadows) is going to make it extremely difficult to create a perfect smokey eye!  I'd recommend an angled brush for highlighting, mine is from elf, purchased at Walmart, and I believe it was $1.  Obviously more quality brushes will cost you more, but they will last longer if you take care of them.  And then I would also recommend just a basic eyeshadow brush.  
  • When using gel or cream eyeliner, practice...a lot!  The first time you use it, I would advise to apply it when you are not in a rush.  Like I mention in the video, use small strokes outward to create the entire line.  
Here is my second ever video tutorial, hope you enjoy it! 
Have any questions or tips for others about smokey eyes?  Leave them below or on my YouTube Channel!  Again, thanks for watching!  Stay tuned, later this week I'll be posting a tutorial on cleaning makeup brushes.  

-Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment