Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Update & Creating Curls with a Straightener

Well, it has been quite a long time since I have posted!  No bueno. :(  Since last updating my blog, I found myself extremely busy with school and work throughout most of the rest of 2012 and early 2013.  But, after leaving my job to focus on school, I finally have some time to dedicate to what I love most, gushing about style and beauty!

I had always wanted to try video tutorials, and finally got to it!  Without further ado, I present to you my first ever video blog on how to create curls with a hair straightener!

Just as a summary, I'd like to say that curling your hair with a straightener does take practice.  But, once you get it down it's more than worth it because it's much less of a hassle than using a curling iron.

Some of the more important tips are:
 - Select 1-2inch sections to curl, and make sure they have been brushed & sprayed with heat protectant.
- Clamp down, then slowly glide the hair through while turning the actual straightener in a circular, downward motion.
- Curl some sections towards your face and some away from your face for more natural looking curls.
- If  loose curls are what you're going for brush through the curls either right away, or after curling an entire side.
- If you want tighter, bouncier curls, do not brush through with a brush or comb, just use your fingers to detangle and separate curls.
- Teasing is optional.
- If you don't want your entire bangs to be curled, curl the ends away from your face.

Let me know what you think of my first video tutorial, and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment